The ultimate aim of the LINKAGE project is to improve biodiversity governance in Poland and Norway by developing innovative protocols and technologies for biodiversity governance.
The project will contribute to this aim by:
(1) development and testing of new solutions for identifying and mapping ecosystem services,
(2) identification of ecosystem services and landscape values acknowledged by various interest groups,
(3) assessment of governance implications of connecting disciplines, perspectives and values of various interest groups,
(4) assessment of the impact of participatory planning on the empowerment and engagement of non-state actors in biodiversity governance,
(5) assessment of the effectiveness of Web 2.0, public participation geographic information systems (PPGIS), and other participatory mapping tools in measuring ecosystem services, and
(6) identification of barriers to the introduction of new approaches for biodiversity conservation and potential ways to overcome them.